enter nothing witty here

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I'm a what?

My endocrinologist was kind enough to send copies of my lab work/her history of me, etc, on to me so that I can take it when I go to find a GP. She'll send me copies of this usually after an appointment, since she knows I like to keep track.

She thought I was a nurse. This surprised me. She called yesterday to report test results and I told her I was far from RN status. Apparently my medical knowledge (of myself, at least) coupled with the night shift I was working when I first saw her completely obliterated 'computer work'.

The good news:
proteinuria had gone done from 6g to .5g since the end of my pregnancy; prior to pregnancy I'd had a .33g test; we'll retest in six months, and if there's been no additional decrease, she'll put me on an ARB. I'm already on an ACE inhibitor.

My HbA1C was not half as bad as I expected it to be at 7.8%, considering the 210-260 am blood sugars I was getting (I miss the pump), and since I saw her, I've been using lantus, and seen a significant change. We're both hoping that when Avandamet is back in stock, I can drop the lantus and glucophage routine (avandia just costs too much on its own to worry about).

My HDL and triglycerides are normal, and though my LDL was 178 when I saw my doctor in March (good grief, what eggs can do), it'd dropped to 143 by the test (egg whites, baby!). I'm also going to be a participant in a study for a cholesterol drug manufacturer.

Oh, and did I mention how 'morbid obesity' on your medical chart just seems...morbid? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home